Thursday, March 10, 2011

And in the beginning...

This is my very first ever blog. I saw Julie & Julia so I feel like I’m an expert now. I suppose I’ll catch you up on my week so this will be a very random blog. OR maybe I could start off by making it lent themed! Not sure on the direction I’m going. Yet.

Monday I was depressed because it was the day my husband and I got back from vacation. I was relieved to find that our cat was still alive, our apartment was pristine, and there was only the faintest aroma of litterbox. We had teriyaki because I couldn’t bear the idea of slaving away over a hot stove in my utter miserable loneliness, plus I had to catch up on Oprah.

Fat Tuesday. Ben and I indulged ourselves in coca cola, doughnuts from Frost, rocky road ice cream, and a delicious home made jambalaya! We stayed up eating our junk and woke up sugar-hungover on Ash Wednesday, the day I found out that they will be tearing down the mansion which is said to have inspired one of the mansions in The Great Gatsby.

Thursday. I woke up to my little sister calling to talk about a gambling problem in the family. Just a note, don’t skip work to gamble! It’s just,… wrong.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Look at you, braving the blogging world. We can be newbies together! Oh, and Juju is planning to start a blog as well. Fun! Sorry about your bummer week though Fat Tuesday sound pretty fun and it's always pleasant to not come home to a dead animal! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She should totally get a blog! I feel so behind though. I used to blog on Xanga haha. Years ago!! But you've got quite the following here! Yes, we're excited Sabine is still alive to bop your brother's nose as he snores the night away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I should interview you after you get a few more posts going. ☺ The only reason why I have all those followers is because of a blogfest for writers I joined. I bet if you search around the blogs you can find a blogfest in something you're interested in that would help boost your following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interview me?? Yes, I will definitely look around :)

    ReplyDelete